This was an update from our agency today:In looking at the present state of International adoption, it is increasingly evident that adoption from Asia is in decline. Over the next years I would expect to see fewer adoptions from that part of the world. Agencies whose focus is primarily in Eastern Europe, report similar down turns. I know that makes adoption increasingly difficult for families.
For CB, the future is pointing in the direction of Africa. Having our first referral from South Africa has given our staff a real boost, particularly as the child is very young, very handsome, the process quick and very professional. The potential in Ethiopia is likewise very encouraging.
I know that an African child will not be for everyone just as Asian and/ or Eastern European children are not, but for those that are drawn to this part of the world, that is where I would be looking to adopt.
As always many families are wondering about the timelines. Group 249 are anticipated to wait 20 months when they receive referrals in the coming weeks. The CCAA currently has upwards of 30,000 families files backlogged, while matching only about 600 families per month. At this rate it is evident the waits will continue to lengthen from the current twenty months. We should note that the most files CCAA matched in one year was 14,000. That was several years ago, and proved completely unsustainable. In fact it was from that year that the decline began. 7,000 to 8,000 files per year has been the average.
Well this wait has been lonngggggggg!!!!!However whats a few more months????Well we could handle a few more months.........right now I guess we are looking for some sort of a guarantee that we will have a baby M to hold in our arms in the end...........??????
3 comments:
What a huge disappointment to hear that. I believe that China will continue to match children with parents at least through 2007 LIDS. I think if I was looking into adoption now, I would be afraid to adopt in China. I think they will either cap out or close the program down. It's interesting and heartbreaking to be in the middle of changes in the China program.
Ugh!
It sucks. Just like everything else right now. Wish I was there to comisserate in person. We'll catch up soon.
Post a Comment