Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mid-Autumn Moon!!!!!




In China the Mid-Autumn Festival, for centuries has marked the end of harvest and the time in the lunar calendar when the moon is at its brightest.
It is a time for family reunions, for moon-gazing and especially for moon cakes, the round pastries traditionally filled with red bean or lotus seed paste and often containing an egg yolk to represent the moon.






Last evening we sat out back,sipped wine and ate moon PIES.It was beautiful as we just sat back gazing up to the moon with our thoughts and prayers,dreaming of baby M.


HAPPY Mid-Autumn Moon TO ALL OUR dear friends and loved ones!!!!



7 comments:

Mom to Kayli and Mya said...

Sounds like fun last night!! Beautiful pic of China!

Donna Paonessa said...

I'm ashamed to say I totally missed it this year!!! Bad Mommy.

Lisa said...

We missed it cuz it was cloudy and we couldn't see the moon.
We were thinking of everyone though.

Deb said...

We seen it!!!It was beautiful.


It seems I was so anxious to write the post lastnight that I messed up more than one address below is the correct one for our premier.
rwjghiz@gov.pe.ca

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful night for moon gazing! Clarence did a beautiful job putting up the lanterns and lights, he even put up a red thread going towards the moon. Guess we know who is the creative one in this family!!!*LOL* XZ ate almost an entire moon cake, she LOVES them!
She also made a very special wish on the moon for baby M!!

Anonymous said...

We have had some beautiful moons lately. That's one thing I love about Texas is the sunsets and night sky! And moon cakes sound so good right now!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

happy belated moon festival!