Well today was to be the scheduled Guigang visit,a couple of families along with our guide Lily did travel there today,we oppted not to.......we had a wonderful detailed talk with the director of Meaghan's SWI,she and both the Foster Mom and Dad,Loved Meaghan VERY MUCH,her foster family had a VERY difficult time letting go to her on Monday morning.We are EXTREMLY fortunate that Meaghan was left with not only her birth note but also a letter(explaining her story,this will be Meaghan's story,not ours to tell).The other two families and Lily were all understanding and all took numerous photos of her finding spot and surrounding areas(what a great group of loving caring individuls we share this amazing journey with).We along with the Bonners and Gibsons all took in the zoo,this was truly such a beautiful,relaxing,fun place to be.We truly LOVE EVERYTHING about this Provience,the food/sounds /smells/scenery and expecially the kind loving happy smiling people.....oh yes the people....they are wonderful,soooo kind and friendly,we had heard before that the Chinese love their babies and OH THE TRULY DO!!!!!!!Miss Meaghan has been quite the attention gettier all day,it just melts our hearts the way that all the locals just fuss over her..........even teen age boys stop to say her and play with her as we walk by(can you picture that happening in Saint John....ya right).Well over the past couple years we have heard many of folks ahead of us state that they were so happy to fly back to Beijing as the felt that much closer to home,well for us come Friday afternoon when we leave this beautiful provience with this amazing little treasure that was so selfishly given to us,will be bitter sweet!!!!!!!
On a happy note,I experienced the squatty potty for the second time and needless to say I did my tinkling and ran like he..with even attempting to flush...lmao!!!!We purchased a beautiful tea set today from a very well known tea house(we were planning on purchasing one in Beijing,then seen this one and good not believe how furtinate we were to find one her in Guangxi).all us families wish we could spend the rest of our journey right here in nanning,however i'm sure we will have as an amazing time in Beijing.
Mom,Rose or Darlene could one of you PLEASE pick up some size two pampers and more rice cereal........this little peanut is sooooo tiny,the size 3 diapers are swimming on her as are most of her closes(ya ya Sheila and Krista we should have listened to you two and packed smaller clothes,Sheila those little 9 months jeans are ok in leagth however we could wrap them twice around her waist),however if she keeps eating her rice cereal and congee the way she has been she will fill out in no time.Oh by the way Mom and rose if you wouldn't mind picking up a couple more pairs of old navy Pj's size 6-12 months...the two piece ones that would be great,they fit perfect and she is able to crawl VERY QUICKLY with these.
Josh we miss you very much and wish you were here,keep e-mailing us,you are going to fall so deeply in love with this precious little sister of yours...she holds your picture and jabbers at you for hours a day.......get ready for your heart to melt....xoxo!
Love you all and will update soon,tomorrow we meet in the lobby for 9 to head out to the Acient city..........i guess it is a must see!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Beautiful and well said. I am filled with emotion right now. Enjoy your precious gift and the remaining days in her home.
Just stopped by to see how the trip is going.
A huge congratulations, she is adorable!
She is beautiful guys. Sounds like you are having a great trip.
I have been trying to check in as much as I can when Kate is napping.
Jen (and Scott and Kate)
Dianne got your message will add it to my shopping list.
Love
Rose
WOW! great post! So glad all is going well.
I found it very difficult to leave Mya's home.. very emotional.
She sure sounds tiny... but OH SO ADORABLE!
Carrie
By the way, if she is so tiny, Mrs. N and I would like to see a picture of MJ in her pajamas...don't we Mrs. N. :) They will be the best travelled pajamas in the world!!
OK, so I guess I won't return the PJs I have for Meaghan, they are size 18 months, but sooo small, I wanted to return for something a bit bigger. I guess I'll hang-tight till I get to see her and let you make that call. It must have been a very difficult decision to make about going/not going to Guigang. You took the emotions of all involved into consideration. Not that my opinion counts, but I'm positive you made the right decision, with Meaghan priority ONE! I love catching up through pics and post, but can't wait till you get back home!!!! Marilyn.
Dianne, every entry I read brings tears to my eyes. You and Joe look so comfy with Miss Meaghan. She's a perfect little bundle. The pictures you are posting are terrific!
Love, Sarah
Oh Dianne, your posts are so beautiful!
I'm glad your all enjoying yourself and feel so comfortable, it makes all the difference in the world.
Krista
Hey Dianne;
You sound so so happy! Take lots of pictures of the scenery!! Is Meaghan missing her foster folks at all? The Zoo looks amazing too. Have a wonderful time. Nicki
Hi Di,
I am soooo happy for you. I can't wait to see her. She is beautiful. What an amazing experience.
We all wish you all the best. I am glad youn are keeping in touch.
Can't wait till you come home.
Betty
Hey guys this message is from your baby boy and Your mama. Nanie says she loves the pics and she cant wait for guys to get home. This is from me Josh I think Meaghan is beautiful and thank god she doesnt look like Joeseph. Yeah so keep the pics comming. Allright all my love and cant wait to see you.
Oh yeah Joe i meant to tell you that your mother has been calling and I gave her the adress as she wont be in the city to check it out here. I guess your sis is gonna help her out with the net. Anyways just wanted you to know!
Enjoy every moment that you have left in her home province and take loads of pictures. You will cherish them once you are back home in N.B.
Your post was really lovely.
I'm so glad you had time to spend with the Director and the foster Mom. Every little peice will be cherished by Meaghan as she grows up I am sure.
I love coming on everyday and seeing your pictures.
Andrea
Love your post, I cried of course!! Meaghan is one special peanut and has a very special set of parents!! I'm so very proud of her momma and dad!!You guys I'm sure have had to make some tough choices-been there!!!
I did'nt want to leave XZ home province, it was so emotional for me, I think her and I both grieved over that one together!
Love you all
Enjoy your time there and give peanut a little snug for me please!!
Off to snug with my little peanut who is fast a sleep I hope for the night!!!
Several families in our group couldn't wait to leave Nanning but we enjoyed it tremendously and missed it once we got to Guangzhou. Take in as much as you can. I'm sorry you didn't get to go to Guigang, we did and I am glad of it but certainly understand that the little one comes first.
Take care, Dave
Guigang Girls Group
Post a Comment